Sunday, March 31, 2013

Motivation is.....

So the last several weeks in our home have been challenging. Between the husband's extensive travel for work and mission, my travel for work and the kids Spring break, it's been a trip trying to stay on track. And while I have done well, I have not been on top of my game. So today I took a little time to reflect on my journey of the last couple of months.

Looking back, I (re)started this journey in February. Since then, I have lost 13 pounds. And in the past two weeks where it has been the most challenging, though I didn't lose any more, I didn't gain. Why? Well, Even though I didn't make the best choices, I was very conscious of the choices I made. And I did my best to stay active with the tools I had.

A few of the highlights were buying a new swimsuit (which I actually have to replace already cause' it's too big!) , I went down a pants size and I lost weight. The low lights were, it still sucks to shop. BIG TIME. And I was not consistent enough with my diet to optimize my results. But, I'm going to focus on the highlights and think about what will motivate me to keep succeeding on this journey for the remainder of the year!

Over the last couple of days, I found myself browsing old pictures from various events in the past couple of years. And I was totally psyched that I can actually see the results of my hard work. I was appalled that I let myself go that far and excited that I am making such great progress. Yesterday I had the joy of shopping for Easter. Actually, that wasn't really joyful at all. And I got approval to buy another big piece of fitness equipment (an elliptical machine), but I weigh to much for anything in the affordable range. (Ugh! That alone carries enough weight for an entire blog post of its own!)

As we close one month and begin another, my motivation will be to continue to look better in pictures, to start to LOVE shopping, and to lose enough weight to buy that elliptical machine before then end of the summer.

Y'all I am so excited about this journey. In gazillions (or dozens) of my previous blog posts and conversations in the past year, I fully acknowledge that this is a long process. But I don't think I've ever really embraced it. It's a hard pill to swallow. It sucks to be fat! Well, it sucks to be fat and want to change. It takes soooo long. But now I've embraced that it is going to take a loooooonnng time. And I've accepted the fact that if I'm going to do this, I'm going to have to stick with it for the long haul. Forever, really because it is a total lifestyle change. But I think I've got the right tools and the right people on my team to make it happen for real. I'm ready. I'm going to do this. I feel it in my bones and I love it!

Happy Easter, and may the new month bring all things bright and beautiful.

~Mommylah~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment