Friday, March 22, 2013

The Little things!

So, we were supposed to hang out at a hotel tonight and play in the pool waiting for daddy's very late flight to get in. (Change of plans-broken pool) And in order to swim, one needs a swimming suit. That is something I have not invested in, in years. I had a couple that did the job in the event that we ever needed them, but have not been willing to buy a new one because, well.... ick! Not a fun thought.

But, this time was different. I felt it was necessary. Not only because of tonight, but because a large part of our spring break next week revolves around swimming. So I took a leap of faith, found a super cute suit online and spent way more money than I'm comfortable with, taking a risk that it might be perfect. And guess what????

Well, I read the reviews, and I was kind of nervous. Everyone said that it ran small, it was stiff, and not a good fit for a tall full figured woman. I didn't care, it was cute. I loved it. But I didn't want to order a size bigger, so I ordered my size. And IT FIT! Actually, it was slightly big. AND it looked good! Actually, great!! Now I'm no swimsuit model, so fear not, I will not post a picture. But I will tell you that I am gonna wear that thing with confidence. For the first time in probably 10 years (since my honeymoon) I am not embarrassed to strut my stuff in a bathing suit. And it's not because I'm super hot. And I really have not lost that much weight. But I feel better. I feel confident and comfortable in my own skin. And I can only credit my change in lifestyle for that.

So the moral of my story is, even if the results are not immediate, and you don't look like a super model after seven weeks of consistent effort, it doesn't matter. If you feel better about yourself it makes all the difference in the world. It's the little things, friends. Take them as they come! And enjoy every single victory, no matter how small or silly they may seem.

Now off to enjoy my kiddos in the movie theater wearing 3D glasses instead of the hotel in my awesome swimsuit. But I'm gonna keep smiling at the thought of wearing it next week. :-)

~Mommylah~

No comments:

Post a Comment