Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A bit of inspiration in unlikely places

It's amazing how little comments can make this journey so much easier. And they can also inspire! Last week, two very cool things happened to make me push even harder!

In therapy, I pushed through a bunch of my exercises that many of the folks in the same boat as I, struggle through. When my therapist saw I was done, he said, wow, that was quick, especially since we raised the weight on your leg! I was like, SCORE! 1 pt, Lori. Then, the PTA said, she is really FIT. WHAT???? Lori and the word FIT, in the same sentence? That is the one 3 letter "f" word I'd never thought I'd here describing me. Then they went on to say something about my 1/2 marathon in August, but I was still glowing from FIT :) Awesome!

Then on Sunday, I tried on a couple of my new work shirts. They fit a little snug because they are this different weird material. I asked Kenny what he thought. He said that they looked good. I was like thanks, but they are a little snug. He said they were fine, and besides, at the rate your going, they won't be snug for long. That was soo cool. Kenny is not loose with the compliments. I think I can count on two fingers, how often he has told me I'm beautiful. So, for him to say something like that is HUGE! It also tells me he believes in me. And that is the best feeling ever.

So, with that said, I'm off to exercise. Crunches anyone?

G'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment