Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eight Weeks

Tomorrow I will start training for my 2nd 8K race. http://www.runawayrace.com/ I am fortunate enough to work for a company that sponsors this race, so my entry is covered. Last year, I trained for about two weeks, and pushed my two kids in my jogging stroller up the steepest hill I have ever walked. And I finished the race in under two hours. And I evaded any major injury and even soreness! Needless to say, I was on a major high. I totally believed I was capable of doing a half-marathon this past August. This was the last race before my knee surgery. And I didn't do the 1/2 marathon.

This year, I get to participate in the race with my husband. He will be pushing the considerably bigger kids this time. And this year, I will train for 8 full weeks. My lofty goal is to finish the race in one hour. Considering I barely completed my 5K two weeks ago in under an hour, it is a hugely lofty goal. A more realistic goal is an hour and a half. I hope to be able to jog a bit of this race, and I hope to finish at least close to my husband, if not with. Most of all, I hope to finish!

So, my prayer for the next eight weeks goes a little like this:

Lord, please take away my ability to make excuses. Please help me get through the next eight weeks and my 8K race healthy and injury free. Please walk with me as I know you will, as I prepare to do this the right way. And help me finish the race with as much pride and joy as I did the last. Each step is a step in faith and dedication to the life you have blessed me with, and on the path you have paved for me.

Amen!

I am the one on the far right with the kiddos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment