Monday, August 2, 2010

Day one of the last month before D-day

So, since I can't do AM school work on Monday's (no one posts anything for me to respond to this early in the morning on the first day of the week in class) I decided to blog. Saturday is the Woodstock 5K. This will be the second time I have done this. After last year I vowed to train better. Last year, I just dilly dallied around all week and went into the 5K which nearly killed me by the end of that hot, hilly, humid 3.1 miles. And I just walked! This year, I didn't do as I had hoped in training well for weeks before. But I will make an attempt to prepare myself as good as possible this week. So that means, with mom'ing, schooling, work and life in general, my workouts will take place before the sun rises. Because I'm not totally recovered from my many injuries to my knee, and my silly foot that feels the need to make itself known, I need to make sure I include my physical therapy in my training. This morning, the alarm went off at 4:30. I rolled out of bed, yawning thinking I am crazy (no need for confirmation, thanks), and put my cup of tea in the microwave. I rolled out my mat on laid on the floor to begin my exercises. They took me all of 10 minutes so I completed the routine with 100 crunches.  Then I got up, changed into my public appropriate workout clothes, drank my tea and headed out the door. I decided to turn the radio off and have a conversation with God on my way to the gym. That led me to make a wrong turn, lol. I guess I can't multitask that early in the morning. When I finally arrived, I pushed through a hilly interval on the elliptical, and after 30 minutes and 1.10 miles I managed to burn 453 calories. Not bad start to the day. Now, to continue this mission for the rest of the week. I can and I will....I have to!

Happy first week of August, friends!

1 comment: