Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling especially smart this week

So, it's my first week back to work, after being out for a whopping month and a half. I used to be a morning person, and jump out of bed! Not that I lost being a morning person in my time off, but I certainly stayed up a whole lot later, and my morning just started later. It was my intention to work my way into getting up earlier in the last two weeks, but for some reason, I failed at that attempt. So this week, I'm struggling. I can't fall asleep at night, and then when the alarm goes off at 4:45 for Kenny, I cringe. I manage to crawl out of bed by 5:30, but by then, my morning routine is starting to fall behind. But I refuse to falter on my goals. So, while tired, I've managed to make things happen this week, even though it is only Tuesday. Ask me how I have done on Friday, lol.

And since it is my first week to work....first week back in any sort of a routine, why not pack my schedule super tight and set all of the "realistic" goals for myself! lol. Way to go! But, I keep on chugging away. I've been eating well and taking my vitamins, which I think has helped me feel better, and I've been doing a little workout in the morning, which I think has helped my energy. And I have discovered "AWAKE" tea, which has kept me awake on my less that 6 hours of sleep nights, at work.

Sadly, it is only Tuesday. And it feels like it should be Thursday. But, since it is only Tuesday, I have a lot of exciting things coming up in the next couple of days that should keep things interesting, and hopefully I'll be tired enough to sleep. I think my body is, but my mind, not so much. Perhaps I should introduce some yoga moves into my bedtime routine.

Here is how I have done so far:

Monday, 2-15 Food diary:

Banana
Activia yogurt
Piece of bread with PB
Apple
Pack of nutrition nuts
Healthy choice steamer meal (basil chicken, YUM!)
cheese stick
orange
cup of AWAKE tea
mac n' cheese
green beans
1/2 of a pork chop
2c 2% milk
2 fun size twix

Exercise:
Upper body in the AM
Therapy in the AM
100 crunches on the ball in the PM

Other unstated goals accomplished this week:

Dishes done after dinner
Stuck to dinner menu two days in a row
Brought and ate lunch at work, for 2 days!

So all in all, it's been a good week. I'm thankful for each day that I have to work on these things. After all, they are each days that the Lord has made, so I have to rejoice and be glad in it. So I am rejoicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment