Thursday, February 7, 2013

An investment in ME

So today I took a big step in my wellness goals. I hired a personal trainer. I've always wanted to do that, but never hand the funds or the guts. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of meeting a very sweet women at a Chamber of Commerce after hours events. She is a personal trainer in the town I live in, and she teaches group classes too. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to her much that night, but her name lingered on my mind since then. On Sunday, I found her on facebook by accident.
And that is where the fun begins.Quickly I discovered I'd never make it to her fabulous fitness classes she offers at 5:30 M-T-W, because I rarely finish with work before 5:00. I was kind of sad about that, but then today I felt compelled to inquire about her services. Sure enough, it is exactly what I need.

My hubby consented to the spending of money. This is a big deal because I have flushed many on dollar on outlandish "its really going to work" fitness/weight loss initiatives in the last 10 years. So I set up my evaluation for tomorrow and begin the program on Tuesday. I committed to two times a week for the next five weeks and we'll see what happens after that. I know this is a big investment; the biggest I have made on myself for this purpose and I feel good about it. I know I cannot do this alone. I mean, I probably can, but truthfully, I have no clue what I'm doing. And when I do it, I want to do it right.

I hope that this phase in my wellness journey will benefit others as well. Because once I learn what is right, I can share my new found knowledge with others who are in the same boat. Being "Well" is no walk in the park. Some people are blessed with metabolism of a gazelle, but most are not. Some people were born to run like the wind, but most of us were not. And I have plenty of people in my posse who could use a tidbit or two on what it means to be on the path to wellness.

So let this experience not only fuel my own goals, but be shared among the best I know. I shall not keep my success a secret, nor my failures. I'm looking forward to this adventure, pain and suffering included. And I look forward to doing it the right way with the assistance of a professional who will guide me along my journey.

Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment