Friday, December 30, 2011

So excited for 2012!

Year after year after year, I set mostly attainable goals and fail miserably. I think this year I failed the most miserably of all. But I'm okay with that. 2011 was truly an amazing year. We got out of debt, took on a small amount back, met some other financial goals, both got new jobs, travelled to many places both solo and as a family, been busier than ever, gone through big transitions at church...... I can go on and on and on. But I do not have a single complaint. I'm still alive and kicking, even if I am a few pounds over where I started this time last year. Hey, I'm not perfect.

But I do understand that it's no small deal that I didn't hit the weight loss goals. I simply didn't try hard enough. I let life get in the way, as usual. I discovered a lot about myself in the process though. First and foremost, I cannot do this alone. I don't have enough willpower or self control to go solo in the get healthy game. And I'm thankful that I have a husband and a doctor who are with me on this one!

With that said, here is the new plan for 2012. 1) I registered for my first 1/2 marathon which I will participate in some capacity on July 22 in Chicago. I told about 40 of my colleagues about it, anybody the reads my junk on Facebook and anybody that reads this blog, and I'll tell whoever will listen! I want everyone to know so it's a constant reminder of why I'm GOING to do this! 2) I talked to my doctor about the Lap band today. My insurance requires that I am under a doctor supervised weight loss plan for 6 consecutive months before I will be eligible. So, I will visit his office once a month for a weigh in and every other month for an office visit. If whatever I am doing is not working by July, then in the fall I will have the procedure. But wouldn't it be awesome if by the end of these 6 months I no longer quality???? mmhmm. 3) Kenny agreed to join weight watchers with me! This is huge people, huge. Now he has a small investment in himself while helping me with my goals. Goodbye chocolate cake nights! He has also put on quite a bit of weight in the past few years and is starting to feel it. So weekly, we will attend a meeting as a family so we can all learn about the huge advantages of taking on a healthier lifestyle. Of course the kids don't need to lose weight, but they do need to learn healthy habits and I can't think of a better way to teach them. So, with the motivation (and huge expense) of this 1/2 Marathon, and the possibility of a major surgical procedure, and a major lifestyle change for the whole family, I'd say 2012 is going to be totally awesome!

Well that's all for now. I'm so very thankful for the many blessings we experienced in 2011, and am very excited to welcome 2012. Happy New Year everyone!

~Lori~

No comments:

Post a Comment