Friday, July 15, 2011

Missing me?

Today, as I am preparing a retreat for the Children's ministry at church taking place tomorrow, I have clicked on the shortcut to my blog five times, yes five. Is this an accident? Hmm, who knows. Truth is, my fingers are probably trying to tell me something. I have not been very good. Not entirely my fault, but mostly.

Since I last blogged, I started doing pretty good. I started going to one of those weight loss clinics. You know, the kind that give you shots...yah. Those. And I joined curves which I started going to every day during lunch. It was going well, I lost weight and inches and started feeling good, for the most part. The shots were pretty awful, made me feel awful and I don't believe they helped. I think it was the eating choices and exercise that was making the difference. Then, I went on vacation. I danced my heart out with some of the coolest women on the planet...in wedge heals....and toured Washington D.C. and came home with a fractured foot. I tried to go to curves in my big ol' hot boot, but it didn't work. So, I ate like crap again, I didn't exercise and fell off the wagon....again.

This past week, I had the amazing opportunity to go to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) General Assembly in Nashville, TN. There I was in worship with over 5000 brothers and sisters in Christ. All shapes, sizes, colors, sexual orientations, races, immigration statuses....you name it. It was nothing short of amazing. I absolutely did not eat well, but my foot is better and I got a good bit of walking and swimming in. And the best part is, though it was 6 nights and 5 days packed full of information, learning, prayer, fellowship and worship, I came home last night feeling refreshed and renewed! My soul was fed, my body was rested spiritually and moved physically and spiritually. And I realized (again) that My body is not mine. It is a gift from God. And regardless of what I do to it, he will love me none the less. But, he has given me this gift to take care of. He has cleared the path many  times for me to do so, and I have failed, yet he forgives me. Every single day. And it's time I give him a rest. Rather than forgiveness for my weaknesses, I want to give him (and every single one of you reading this thing) a reason to rejoice with me! Rejoice because I have finally followed the path he has paved for me and am ready to go back around but only to take people with me! I cannot do that until I get around it by myself.

So here I go again, back on this road. My spirit is refreshed, my foot is healed, and my motivation is re sparked! I start going back to Curves on Monday and will experiment with Zumba on the Xbox as well as walking outside when the weather permits. I am still going to walk in the 5K on August 6th, albeit slower than I had originally hoped, but that doesn't matter. God does not clock our time. He just wants us to follow him gracefully and faithfully.

I look forward to developing my fabulousness, from my head down to my toes. Will you join me?

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you, Lori!! Excited to see where your dedication takes you! God bless you during this process!

    ReplyDelete