Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ha- I'm back....

You know, I hate trying to lose weight. I wish obesity was the norm sometimes. But, I realize that it isn't. I wouldn't call myself lazy....all of the time. I think I just have too much on my plate. A full-time job, a full-time course load, two kids five and under, a working husband and an active church life. Where does eatting healthy and working out fit in? Strangely, the two (supposedly) would help the others get easier, or so I hear......




So, in the last two years I've tried it all. Weight watchers, sparkpeople, beach body, the biggest loser, calotren etc. I've also contemplated medical weight loss (pills and shots) and even surgery. I don't want to do something so drastic, because I know I can do this! But, how. When. Where. Why? What is my problem? Why is it so hard? Just ugh!



But, as I look back at the ups and downs one thing remains consistent. My desire to lose weight is strong. My motivation is in my head, but it stops there most of the time. And the need is non-negotiable. I have two small children. I have a husband. I have an abundantly blessed life that God has given me. And I need to do something (yesterday) to sustain it. What I am doing now is NOT working.



So here I am again. I have a new exercise bike in my dining room. The weather has turned. My kids have spring fever. And it is time the excuses stop. I need to do this so that I can be happy and healthy and live the life God planned for me. But how?



I'm going to try Weight Watchers again. I'm hoping to meet some online accountability buddies so I'm not going at this alone. I want to lose weight so desperately. I am 30 now (FABULOUS AT THIRTY OF COURSE) and I am really starting to feel it. There has never been a better or more important time to take action. I owe it to GOD, myself, my kids, my hubby, my employer, and everyone else whose life I may touch in the process. So, as I begin (tomorrow since it's bedtime) I am going to strive for greatness and do this, once and for all.



Many Blessings,



FAT_Lori



To my facebook friends who read this....no, I'm not on facebook until Easter! I can follow through with at least one thing in my life :) I just thought I'd post this...for motivation, accountability and to let you know I'm still alive, since I don't talk to most of you anywhere but there! See ya on Easter! Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! Just make it apart of your daily routine and a priority like everything else you have going on in your life. We get one body and one life, so we have to take care of it. Even if you can only do 20 mins of speed walking per day or 30 mins on the bike, it's better than nothing. Eating healthy is easy once you make it past the firsy couple weeks. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, you! I'm going to try to get back to exercising again this week. Haven't walked or Zumba'ed since I was out of town and sick. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I'm Laura. Rebecca sent us each other's blog links. How are you doing with your weight loss journey? I'd love to do this together if you want to. I see you haven't posted since early April. Does that mean you've decided to do something else or has life gotten in the way? Please check out my blog because it sounds like we have at least two things in common - We're both trying to lose weight and we're both very busy! I hope to hear from you soon,
    Laura
    aka - www.weightlossinafastfoodworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete